Certified Insulated Products Corp. was founded in May 1995. It now offers the broadest line of leading edge 1000 volt AC insulated hand tools and flame resistant clothing.
In April 1997 Certified Insulated Products signed an agreement with US Composite Corporation to help introduce self-insulating composite hand tools to the industry.
During this short period CIP was the first company to:
- Introduce dual color 1000V insulated hand tools as per ASTM Standards.
- Offer 1000V composite screw and nut starters.
- Produce the broadest range of 1000V insulated hand tools.
- Bring to the American electrical worker Class 00 500V high dexterity insulating gloves.
- Develop the back pack system in order to hold Fire Resistant (Arc Flash) protective clothing, insulated hand tools, insulating gloves, test meters, etc.
- Manufacture and market arc flash (fire resistant) coveralls, parkas, and lab coats with detachable hoods for work in HCR 2 and 2* categories.
- Manufacture and market the new Westex cool knit material made into parkas, lab coats, and coveralls.
In December 2002 Certified Insulated Products Corp. acquired all assets of US Composite Corporation. US Composite Corporation was originally founded as Elfin Corporation (1980). In 1985 the company was re-chartered as US Composite Corporation, a Delaware Corporation, in order to apply new mass production technology to the manufacture of products using advanced composite materials.
To protect its proprietary position, the company received US Patent #5,359,911 which covers torque type tools (screwdrivers, nut drivers, ratchets, etc.) In addition, the company has registered the name "Composi-Tools" with the US Trademark office.
View Certified Insulated Products »